Deadline for entries: Sunday 03 March 2019 23:00
Open Studios dates: 06 – 14 July 2019
Cost of registration for 2019: £50 per artist (payment info below) – each individual must register separately even if part of a group or a shop/business. If you are part of a large non-profit making group you may prefer to take out an advertisement in the brochure, please refer to the Sponsors page.
How to enter: Submit the online form and make your payment (alternative method of submission available on request).
Groups: Agree your group name prior to entry – each entrant should input the agreed name on the form. We will place your listings together in the brochure.
Opening hours: 11am – 5pm
Opening days: All venues must open both weekends. Weekday opening is optional – include which days you are open on the Submission Form for inclusion in the brochure.
Ensure your venue is open at all stated opening times – you are welcome to open earlier though this will not be in the brochure. In the event of an emergency you are unable to open as stated, phone, email us or contact us via facebook asap and we’ll do our best to spread the message via social media.
Which details do I need to provide on the form?
- Artists name
- Venue address
- Exhibition or Group name (please agree your group name with the rest of your group before submitting)
- Telephone, email & website address (one of each)
- A brief description of your exhibition (max 115 characters)
- Any other relevant information such as workshops or donations to charity
- Social Media links – we’ll insert icons alongside your entry
- 1 image for the brochure and up to 2 others for promotion of the trail – size requirements detailed below
What does my registration fee cover?
- A listing in the Brochure with your image and contact information (inc. social media icons) with an opportunity to proof read prior to print.
- Your venue pinpointed on the Brochure.
- The interactive Brochure with links to your website, email & social media which is uploaded to the website & the Frome Festival website from publication in May until the following year.
- A contribution towards print of the Brochure which is designed by one of the teams volunteers free of charge with a print run of 7,000.
- Distribution of the brochure by volunteers – although each entrant is expected to help with this.
- Advertising of the event via social media, press releases and paid advertising in selected publications including The List, Bath Life & Evolver (funding dependant).
- Advertising for Frome Open Studios in the Frome Festival Brochure with a feature included on appropriate days.
- A poster to advertise the event
- Reusable directional signs for your venue – to aim to be more sustainable we reuse these so will need you to return them to at the end of the event.
Open Studios does its utmost to advertise the event. All artists are encouraged to promote their individual venue with signage, and by word of mouth, email and social media.
Please ensure signage does not obstruct or cause unsafe distraction to traffic, create excess rubbish and is removed immediately following the event.
Image formatting requirements
Your image space in the brochure will be 68mm wide x 29 mm in height– supply an image with correct dimensions or we will crop to fit. Good quality /high resolution maximum filesize 1MB. Please use only the image without the mount or frame
Submit images as follows: image 1 = SmithJ_01, image 2 = SmithJ_02 etc
We also welcome you to send us 1 or 2 other images which we will use to promote the trail. By submitting your image you will be giving Frome Open Studios permission to use it as part of promotion of the event.
Good quality images will represent your work better and help you draw visitors to your venue.
If you need some help or advice please ask, email on info@fromeopenstudios or phone Kate on 07966300293
Is my registration complete once I have submitted the form?
Registration is considered complete once payment has cleared. Payment must be received by deadline for entry 03 March 2019.
How do I pay my registration fees?
Your payment can be made:
By cheque– make payable to “Frome Open Studios” including your name and exhibition name on the reverse.
All cheques should be sent to: Paul Fine, Flat 1 Northover Mews, North Parade, Frome BA11 1AZ
By bank transfer to–
Account name: Frome Open Studios
Sort Code: 30-93-40
Account number: 24869568
Reference: OS19|surname|initial e.g. OS19SmithJ
(A small fee is charged to FOS for payments by credit card, so please use debit cards where possible)
- Will there be an opportunity to view my entry before brochures are printed?
You will be asked to proofread your entry in April and you will have less than 1 week to respond. It’s the responsibility of each individual to ensure proofreading of their entry is completed on time and accurately. If we don’t hear from you we will proceed with the information provided on the registration form. Communication will be by email using the address you input on your entry.
- Will my venue be marked on the trail map?
Yes, we use Google maps to pinpoint your location- you can check your map location at proofreading stage. If you are aware your postcode does not accurately pinpoint your venue, provide details in the ‘Comments’ section at the end of the form. Venues on the outskirts or outside Frome may be indicated by clear labelling rather than an actual map marker.
- Do I need insurance?
All artists are required by law to have Public Liability Insurance. By submitting this form either online or by hard copy you are accepting full responsibility for providing this insurance. You may be able to arrange this with your home insurer at little or no additional cost, or subscribe to a-n (artists newsletter) magazine which includes public liability insurance. For more information: http://www.a-n.co.uk
Once you have read the information above, please complete all sections of the form.
Important: Each artist must submit their own entry and pay £50. To helps us list members of groups together please ensure you clearly indicate this on your entry form.